Monday, December 3, 2012

Baader-Meinhof Complex

After viewing the movie in class, I felt that my reaction from it was what many other viewers had as well. In the beginning, I was quick to side with the extremists. The extremists faced much abuse from others and the authorities and their voices were all unheard. As the movie progressed though, I then was finding myself to side with the others. I felt this way because the extremists were so organized and had things well planned out in the beginning. Near the end, the extremists seemed to have lost complete control and everything was becoming sloppy and becoming out of their reach. It was also interesting to watch the once strong German government in the beginning of the movie, start to slip once the extremists were becoming a strong group and had well thought-out plans. Towards the end, the extremists' group begins to fall apart and one-by-one members of the group are discovered and either killed or sent to prison. I thought the movie was very interesting. It isn't the type of movie that I would pick out for myself to watch but I thought it was good. The movie has a good image of how the revolt and uprising occurred in Germany. This movie has me very curious to see the ending, since we left class at such a dramatic note in the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment